BEACON continues to be your BC OFF ROAD VEHICLE Insurance Market

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Insurance requirements for ORV have not changed, there is simply a new registration system as of June 1st, 2015

Items to note;
(1) ORV operating on Crown Land or Forest Service Roads will require registration as of June 1, 2015
(2) all ORV riders are required to wear a safety helmet and use lights for low- visibility conditions,
(3) if you operate an ORV on Forest Service Roads you require $200,000 third party liability insurance and you need a valid driver’s licence to operate an ORV on Forest Service Roads (and on public roads, highways).

Please review the following sites;

General Overview
Ministry of Forests – Off Road Vehicle Management Framework

Registration & Safety Off-Road Vehicle Act

Insurance Requirements & Drivers Licence Forest and Range Practices Act - Forest Service Road Use Regulation,

ICBC Off-Road Vehicles